Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Recent Haul: MAC RiRi X Collection


So of course I had to get the new Mac RiRi collection just because of the rose gold packaging!! I can't keep up with MAC coming out with a new collection every few months but then I was surprised that I actually liked the eyeshadows in the Her Cocoa palette. This quad is right up my street with warm bronzing golds and browns. I found very odd that the palette didn't contain any color names, but from what I heard the palette contains colors from the permanent line. It contains Retrospeck, Whisper Peach, Woodwinked, and Mulch. The Shadows are very creamy and blend beautifully! If you can get your hands on it I would really recommend this quad. 

Next I got the bronzer/blush duo in Hibiscus Kiss. This is a repromote from a previous collection. I wasn't able to get it last time because it sold out so quickly. This time when I went to the counter it was sold out as well, but I was able to get a hold of it on Nordstrom.com. I love the packaging and that it contains a nice mirror so I can reuse it when the product runs out. The bronzer is a matte bronzer which I think is best for getting a natural bronzed look. It looks very natural on me and not orangey at all. The blush is a bright coral pink which is my favorite kind of blush color. This type of color brightens my complexion very well. This duo is well pigmented and blends easily. 

Another product I had to try out was the Extended Play Lash mascara. I have never tried a MAC mascara So I wanted to test one out and I was a bit disappointed with this mascara. It gave me length but not enough volume and after applying a second coat it stuck my eyelashes together making it look like I had less lashes. So I will not be repurchasing this mascara again. 

Overall I was happy with the collection! What did you guys think of this collections? Were you able to get your hands on any of the items??

No comments:

Post a Comment