Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Base Duo of the Moment


I'm Loving this base duo at the moment! It makes my skin look flawless and dewy with a satin finish as the same time. A good kind of dewy, the I just have a natural glow kind of dewy!! Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is one of my holy grail foundation, but add to the mix the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer and you have perfection! Every product I try from Hourglass I fall more in love with this brand! 

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is a water based foundation that gives a light to medium coverage if you add a couple of layers, but it feels like you have nothing on your skin! This foundation is great all year round especially in the fall/winter when your skin is feeling a little parched. I use shade B30 which I can get away with in the summer and winter. 

Now on for the really good part! Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer.  I have the mini size 0.33 oz., which is great for trying out the product and it had actually lasted me quite a long time. Now I feel that it won't last me too long since I discovered this gem of a duo. This is one of the only primers that doesn't make me break out because it doesn't contain any silicones. It's mineral base and water resistant with SPF 15. It minimizes shine and creates a smooth surface for your foundation, as well as absorbing any excess oil. I think that's one of the reasons it works so well with the Vitalumiere Aqua because when I used the foundation on it's own it made me look a bit greasy (especially in the summer). 



I've fallen back in love with this foundation just because of the primer I paired it with!
Have you guys tried this base duo? What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Wow... this looks great... your skin looks absolutely flawless... i have been getting a few breakouts here and there but more than usual... i am not sure if it is the Clarisonic or my primer which has the silicone... i don't really have sensitive skin so i'm not sure.... I'm definitely going to try this the primer with my foundation.... im super oily so i will stay away from the Channel for now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again! I was getting some breakout and I simplified my skincare routine and didn't over exfoliate. Maybe try using the clarisonic every other day. Also i recommend you try not to use primers with silicones or anything with mineral oil!!

      Delete