Thursday, August 8, 2013

Skincare: Cleansers



As you can see I love cleanser. Nothing makes me happier then washing off my makeup at the end of the day! It's the best feeling in the world! Don't get me wrong I love applying makeup as well, but nothing beats that clean feeling. It's like going to bed with clean sheets!! Anyhow.. getting off track. I always have at least two cleansers in my stash to rotate within the week. I believe in double cleansing. I usually use a balm or oil to remove my makeup and they I use a cream cleanser to wash my face. I like using cream cleanser because my skin is combination to dry and I don't want to strip my skin by using a foaming cleanser.

Soap & Glory The Fab Hot Cloth Cleanser $20. This cleanser comes with a muslin cloth and it's great for removing makeup and it helps with clogged pores. I usually use this cleanser when I am having some breakouts. You can use it as a mask as well.

FAB Face Cleanser $20. This cleanser has a whipped texture, and when mixed with water it becomes a rich cream; which I really like. This is the cleanser I gravitate towards on a daily bases. It's more of a natural cleanser with no parabens, sulfates, and synthetic dyes. It also claims to have a blend of antioxidants. It's great for sensitive skin and helps with redness.  I really love this cleanser and it's one that I keep repurchasing!

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish $15.75. I got the smaller size to try this cleanser out since I heard so many rave reviews on it. I really love it for removing makeup. It takes everything off and bonus it's all natural ingredients! I will definitely be repurchasing. The only downfall is that you have to wait quite a while for it to be shipped because it comes from the UK.

Elemental Herbology Purify & Soothe Cleansing Balm  $46. This cleanser is quite pricey and it's a new in my stash. I wanted to try this out as I heard it great for purifying the skin. I really don't like the smell, but I really like the way it makes my skin feel. It has omega 3 and 6 and some plant oils to improve hydration. I think this would be perfect for the winter time when my skin is a little drier. It does not remove makeup as well as the Liz Earle. Which I was disappointed in because it more of a balm texture.

Pai Camellia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser $26. I also got the smaller size in this cleanser because I wanted to try it out since I heard Sandra rave about this cleanser. It's quite expensive as well for a cleanser but it has all natural ingredients. It's a very gentle cleanser with a lotion feel to it. I use a muslin cloth to wipe it off. It does remove some makeup but not everything. I would use this more in the winter to hydrate my skin. It contains Vitamin A, and E and Omega 3. It good for the second cleanse in your cleansing routine.

Clinique  Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm $28.50. I have finally found my holy grail makeup remover! This balm takes every trace of makeup off without leaving any kind of film or residue behind. It transform from a balm into an oil when you apply it onto your skin. It feels like using coconut oil but without the oily film that coconut oil leaves on your skin. I think I will never go without this makeup remover! It has no fragrance which is great for sensitive skin. 

So there you have it some of my favorite cleanser! Have you tried any of these cleanser? Do you use one that you think I need to try?




2 comments:

  1. You have the MOST amazing skin..... i think i may adopt your cleansing routine... !!! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You just have to adjusted it to your skincare needs and skin type. I recommend you check out Caroline Hiron's Blog. She is a skincare genius and I got most of my tips from her. http://www.carolinehirons.com/

      Delete