Friday, June 28, 2013

Diorskin Nude BB Creme Vs. Guerlain Lingerie De Peau BB Cream

I have been testing out a couple of BB cream & CC cream because I want to see what all the hype is around these magical creams. In hopes of finding a good BB or CC cream that works with my skin and skin tone I got some samples from sephora. Don't you love Sephora!! The first two I tested were the Guerlain BB cream and the highly raved about Diorskin Nude BB cream.

Photo from Nordstrom.com
First BB cream is the Diorskin Nude ($44/1oz.). This product has been raved about all over the blogger community. Especially after the all mighty Lisa Eldridge used is in one of her tutorials. I love that it has a pump, and that there is more than one shade because lets face it not all faces are created equal. I am shade 02. This BB cream is very lightweight and blends into the skin beautifully. When I wear this I feel like I'm not wearing any makeup, bonus point right there!! It does not clog my pores and I feel I can do a couple of layers with no problem of my face looking cakey. The only con I have is that it only has an SPF 10 which means you will have to use a sunscreen, and it contain Alcohol as the fourth ingredient. 


                     Dior BB Cream03 Dior BB Cream06

Next up is the Guerlain Lingerie De Peau BB Cream ($51/1.3oz.).

Photo from Nordstrom.com
This product is pretty new to the BB Cream family. I haven't read or seen any reviews on this BB cream. My feelings about this product is split right in the middle. First off I like that it has a pump. I also like that it has an SPF of 30, which the Dior one has a lower SPF. So bonus point for Guerlain on that! Like the Dior it sinks into the skin beautifully but I feel that this is a little heavier on the skin, maybe it's because of the higher SPF. Due to the heavier texture this would probably look great mixed with something like the MAC Strobe Liquid or a radiance primer like the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector.You have to buff this into the skin more if not it will tend to look cakey. This dries to more of a matte finish. What I don't like about this products is that there are only two shades in the line, Light and Medium. Light is too light for my skintone and Medium is way too dark. For reference I am in MAC an NC/NW 25. With a hefty price tag I can't afford to buy both shades to mix them. Another con is the overpowering floral smell. It lingers on your skin for quite some time.

Guerlain Lingerie de Peau BB Beauty Booster03

So overall I think I will be purchasing the Diorskin Nude Bb cream. Even though it has some cons I like the fact that it matches my skintone perfectly.
What is your favorite BB Cream?

                                                 Danessa

No comments:

Post a Comment